Notices

Stupid question but anyways?????

Old 07-30-2004, 11:46 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question but anyways?????

I have a 91 Civic Hatch and one of my friends from work told me that I could just take my shocks off of my car and it would be fine and I told him that I don't know if I could do that and besides if I was able to it would be a really bumpy ride. SO my question is could I just do away with the shocks and just not have any what so ever??? I'm thinking NO but give me your input and here are a few pics of my Civic !!!! Oh yeah and what should I do to my engine??? I am not going to do a swap any time soon but I do wanna do some mods to it for now....Any input would help!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Im000092.jpg (363.3 KB, 31 views)
Im000095.jpg (268.4 KB, 50 views)
Im000096.jpg (266.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 07-31-2004, 12:56 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You're going to want to keep your shocks.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:47 AM
ED9man
driver

slap your friend, and stop being his friend
Old 07-31-2004, 05:50 AM
ED9man
driver

BTW I have a nice little trick for you, get rid of that long black pipe in at the front of the engine bay and the y-shaped piece of rubber that it connects too, also get the resonator box the that smaller part of the y shaped splitter goes too if you can. Get rid of the dual point too :ugh:
Old 07-31-2004, 08:05 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

So pretty much your telling me to get rid of my air hose and filter? well I was already planning on doing and getting a cold air intake for it but I dont know what kind I want!!!!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:17 AM
Silhouette
Back in Black

Go with AEM if you can. AEM = Win. Hit your friend upside the head for not knowing what he's talking about too.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:26 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by 91_CiViC_RiDeR
So pretty much your telling me to get rid of my air hose and filter? well I was already planning on doing and getting a cold air intake for it but I dont know what kind I want!!!!
no, the y boot goes into the front of your airbox that has the filter, it pops right off. I am not talking about your airbox or the hose that goes to the throttle body, what I am talking about is the pipe that goes over the radiator, down to the front left of the engine bay that connects to the y boot. It comes off with a couple bolts that are attached to your radiator. he box I am talking about is the intake resonator box, it is behind the bumper left corner of the bumper (passenger side) and you can see the inside of it when you take the y boot off, otherwise it is not visible. It comes out with two bolts, to get to one of them you have to take out the turn signal, the other is underneath the car, you might have to remove the plastic skid plare to get to it. It's function is to quiet down your intake. It's a big, useless plastic chamber, the spot it goes could be a good place for a CAI since the space and the hole is already there. If you get an aftermarket intake you might as well remove it because it will have no function. Your intake will have a nice throaty sound if you pull the shit out, it also frees up some flow since the intake charge isnt being split by the y boot and it doesn't have to go through the resonator box either.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Can't Catch Me
Custom User Title:

you have a really clean engine bay. i like it. your friend's an idiot.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:05 PM
CRX-Fluffy

Lol your friend must be a moron. You need to ride with shocks if your on these roads. Think about it? You hit a 1 inch pothole, your ass is grass =\ Keep the shocks and slap your friend in the face.

-Jon
Old 08-14-2004, 03:19 PM
excitid

it wouldn't really work anyways how would you drive.