Notices

1990 civic?

Old 07-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Jigga JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 civic?

i have a 90 civic 4dr 5 speed and im lookin to do an engine swap. I wanted to know which years use the same engine? And i wanted to know the hp in the SI? I heard it was something like 108hp with and si. Is the only difference between the Si and DX the fuel injection? Or wut else can i drop right into my car(with no other mods) that will make a good upgrade? thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 06:33 PM
More&Faster

ya the si is like 110 hp i think. i imagine the main difference in the power output comes from a higher compression ratio and a more aggressive cam, but i really dont know. theres tons of options for your car. the most popular are the zc swap, which is pretty direct i think, and the b16 swap, which requires mounts and some other stuff if im not mistaken. then ofcourse you can pretty much swap in any engine or combination of engines from any of the civics up through the 6th generation. so you've got lots of options.

the important question here is, how much are you willing to spend, and how fast do you want to go?

check out hmotorsonline.com or some other importer for prices on jdm engines. or just check ebay and classifieds for miscellaneous options.

btw im no authority on 4th gen civics, so im sure someone will chime in with better info.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:59 PM
ED9man
driver

i'm pretty sure the cam has something to do with it, the Si's power and torque peaks are much higher than the HF or DX.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:20 PM
A_PHOBIA

the b16 is pretty straight forward just a little bit of denting is needed for the alternator to clear the frame.do you have emissions to worry about? what are you going to be using the car for? the zc is cheap and gives about 130 hp.or you could just get a stock sohc d series and drop that in if you just want a cheap replacement.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:40 PM
slammed91-hatch

you also have the option of a mini me swap.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Jigga JJ

im not trynig to spend to much.....id like to have more speed a power but in all realness its just gonna be my car to drive around every day. I thought about the ZC but the only thing im scared of is trying to look for replacement parts for that car.cuz i know parts are kinda harder to come by for the ZC then then normal SOHC motors. I could probably get a Zc motor for around 4-500 dollars canadian. Or i can go with thenormal Sohc motor for aound 300dollars. So im kinda wieghing my options but im still not sure yet
Old 07-28-2004, 07:42 PM
A_PHOBIA

there not hard to find if you look in the right places,there isa sohc zc it makes you feel better.just look for sources before you buy anything,thats what i would do.