Notices

Brand new to board and hondas. Had a question.

Old 05-28-2004, 03:24 PM
nonamekevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new to board and hondas. Had a question.

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I am currently looking at buying this honda.
http://es.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...FBuFBBElzqEFGs

If anyone can tell me anything about it, such as make, what kind of engines came in them, known problems, etc.

Here is the ad.
http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/32307667.html

Thanks.
-Kevin
Old 05-28-2004, 04:07 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like it's in very good condition, but the price stil seems high. I would try to get it down a few hundred dollars.

That is the civic DX. It has a 1.5L engine, and 5 speed manual transmission if it is a manual. I would say that it's a very reliable car. My old dx is still running fine. I talked to the current owner of my old DX, and he said there's 340k miles on it. He recently replaced the clutch, but other than that, there has been no major work done to the car. Original engine and tranny
Old 05-28-2004, 04:30 PM
nonamekevin

Okay thanks. I plan on talking them down some. Thats just the nature of OBO.

EDIT* How easy is it to upgrade these cars in the future? I see alot of stuff for the crx's, but not too much for the dx's.

Thanks
-Kevin

Last edited by nonamekevin; 05-28-2004 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Forgot question
Old 05-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Redlinerz

it is very upgradeable... it all depends on what you plan on doing... the car is very very clean looking.. especially the interior but in my opinion $2100 is way too much... I would say $1500 if it is running in tip top shape.. which it looks like it is... it looks like he just used it to commute and didn't really beat it up...but that is just me. If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime
Old 05-30-2004, 04:38 PM
nonamekevin

Thanks again guys.

I decided against is for two reasons. It didn't have an a/c, and it was a 4speed. Other than that, it was really nice. Drove really well.

I think I want to hold out for a 90-91 crx. Si if I can find one in good shape.

Let me know what the Si's should go for. Also if there are any major problems with them.

Thanks
-Kevin
Old 05-30-2004, 08:50 PM
nonamekevin

Si, but not a crx.
http://used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/use...EmbW89Q2l2aWM-

How does the hatchbacks compare to the crx as far as gas mileage. Also, tell me what you think it should go for, and any problems it might have. And if there are certain areas I should pay particular attetion.

Thanks again
-Kevin
Old 05-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Redlinerz

where are you from??? The is a crx for sale in my local neighborhood for about $900...its in south jersey if you are interested
Old 05-30-2004, 10:03 PM
S2Kev

I have to say for $2100 that car is a pretty good deal. You guys have to consider that those prices are coming from a car in California.

A CRX si in good condition is hard to find. And if you find one in good condition, it's going to be expensive. I'd expect around $4000 for one. There is a huge demand for CRX's still in California.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:09 PM
S2Kev

Originally Posted by nonamekevin
Si, but not a crx.
http://used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/use...EmbW89Q2l2aWM-

How does the hatchbacks compare to the crx as far as gas mileage. Also, tell me what you think it should go for, and any problems it might have. And if there are certain areas I should pay particular attetion.

Thanks again
-Kevin
It gets the same amount as gas mileage as the crx si. The si engine is a d16a6 which is a 1.6 sohc non vtec engine. EPA estimates that the car gets 32 mpg on highway but I calculated that if I drove lightly on the throttle, I could get 37 mpg. On average I get about 34 mpg from driving on the highway and in the city.

The civic hatchback si only weighs 100 lbs more than the crx si. The only major problem that I see with these engines is that they tend to burn oil slightly.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:48 AM
Redlinerz

i still say $2100 is still too much... but then again i dont know how the prices are over in cali... but i know in jersey you can get em all day for less then $1500 with minor mods on em...but the hatchback isnt that much of a difference i used to have one but i sold it.. :cry: but its ok cuz i replaced it with my new project crx that i am building... :goodjob:

Quick Reply: Brand new to board and hondas. Had a question.