Notices

Automatic question

Old 05-04-2004, 07:23 AM
elwormo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic question

I have a 1988 honda civic dx sedan d15b2....it has about 139 thousnad on the body and bottom end. Bought it for 175 bucks with a snapped timing belt (damaged valves) and shot brakes...I installed all new brakes rotor calipers and a new head and belt....Runs perfect and starts great...however the tranny is scaring me....it is idleing at normal speed...yet once in gear the car drives slightly faster then a normal walk pace...is this normal?...I have not drove a auto in forever....a friends newe civic auto doesnt move much at all when placed in gear........the tranny also makes a clunking noise when pulling the car from park to reverese...i can see the engine jerk real hard...and it does it just a bit when going into drive..mainly just park to reverse..other then that the car drives and shifts fine.,..maybe a little rough on the down shift......The torque/ motor mounts are def shot...they are very weak and dont seem to be doing much..First I was gonna try to beef them up to see if it helps....My other thought was maybe the linkage attached to the throttle being off..buti checked and its ok. The 88 and older dont use a vacum to the tranny...which was my other thought....anyone have any clues.....I was wondering how the Throttle position sensor could affect this...any help would be great...

Thanks,
Brian
Old 05-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

1) Bad motor mounts would definately cause a loud clunking noise.
2) Automatics, when in drive with no brakes on, will move by itself. Lighter cars (like an 88) seem to roll faster by themselves then heavier ones (like newer ones.)

3) Please write in proper sentances, followed by only one period. Your post gave me a headache trying to follow such a long run-on sentance.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:12 PM
elwormo

thanks.... for... the... reply....sorry for the dots
Old 05-04-2004, 07:42 PM
A_PHOBIA

Originally Posted by Kai
3) Please write in proper sentances, followed by only one period. Your post gave me a headache trying to follow such a long run-on sentance.
danm kai,i must drive you up the wall.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:00 AM
elwormo

Default mount

Rear mount looked ok, front mount was gone No rubber even connected on the old one. New one is on its way I think I will beef up the rear too with some silicone. I will let ya know how it comes out...

Brian
Old 05-06-2004, 09:29 AM
polakatl

swap in a Manual
Old 05-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by A_PHOBIA
danm kai,i must drive you up the wall.
I gave up on you.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:24 PM
A_PHOBIA

lol.so did every one else :sad:
Old 05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..
Old 05-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Redlinerz

Originally Posted by Kai
1)
You must hate me then....cuz I always write with run ons... but anyway on you topic I would suggest try to replace the motor mounts and maybe install inserts so keep you engine stiff...as for you problem with the tranny..I don't really understand what you are tryin to say?? Are you saying to goes faster than it is soupposed to??? Becasue usually that is not a problem. As for the idleing check vacumm lines first...send me a PM and try and explain your problem a lil better..and I will try and help you out as much as possible.. Good Luck and Have fun!

Quick Reply: Automatic question