Notices

fix it ticket

Old 04-09-2004, 10:39 PM
A_PHOBIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fix it ticket

ok a couple of weeks back i got a fix it ticket for an excessive exhaust noise.
I am in a dilemma because,
A.i got a brand new greddy exhaust, i want put on.
B.i have to pay $100 for a stock exhaust and anoter $100 to put on the greddy. so i was thinking i could skip step b.
I am thinking of putting some sort of filter inside exhaust tip after the muffler.
the guy who had it before me stuck a stage 2 flow on it. "too damn loud"so any ways im thinking of getting a brilow"sp" pad and sticking it in there for my test at the chp office.the metal kinda that can stand high heat.i figured it would baffle most of the noise out and i would just take it out immedietly after the test and have my new greddy put on.
my question is would this choke my engine? is it a bad idea even for a short few minutes.I think this could work and save me some cash,but dont wanna mess up my motor or anything.any help?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Redlinerz

just take the ticket...its a non moving voliation... I get 5 of them already... depending where you are from ...no matter what you will fail..As for your question I am not sure if it will or not but Like I said the DOT are real strict with the noise of a pipe..most new stock cars are too loud according to them..so my advice is to just tuff it out...good luck
Old 04-09-2004, 11:02 PM
A_PHOBIA

hmm.im in california and the chp officer sed if i dont get it fixed they wont be billing me they will just impound my car.he allready let me slide cuz i didnt have a front license plate of carb sticker for my engine swap.he was pretty cool overall but ,i am just kinda concerned.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Impound your car for a loud exhaust? Is Kommiefornia really that f*cked up?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:10 AM
A_PHOBIA

Originally Posted by Kai
Impound your car for a loud exhaust? Is Kommiefornia really that f*cked up?
oh,god no. not for your first violation.
what you do is you either fix it go down there and proove it that its fixed then go down to the court house and show them.then your ticket is dismissed.if you let it go,and just say oh its just a fix it ticket thell get yah.
they will impound my car cuz i dont have the carb legal swap sticker.and no front license plate."m kinda on the hot list around town"there looking for anything and every excuse.my question is will it harm my car to plug it up a little.niot much it will still be able to breath and let exhaust out just not as a fast rate.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Well, I have a silencer that I bought along with my catback. It is basically a plug with a one inch outlet that sticks into the muffler (CorkSport mufflers are N1 replicas.) Maybe there is something like that availible for yours.

Steel wool is used as a packing in a lot of mufflers, if you could find a way to hold some of it in it might help... but I wouldn't try it. Whatever happened to your stock exhaust?
Old 04-10-2004, 01:01 PM
A_PHOBIA

Originally Posted by Kai
Well, I have a silencer that I bought along with my catback. It is basically a plug with a one inch outlet that sticks into the muffler (CorkSport mufflers are N1 replicas.) Maybe there is something like that availible for yours.

Steel wool is used as a packing in a lot of mufflers, if you could find a way to hold some of it in it might help... but I wouldn't try it. Whatever happened to your stock exhaust?
it didnt come with one.and i dont wanna pay double just to cut it off the next day.i hope it doesnt go shooting out whal he tells me to rev it up so he can here it.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Josh M

The last time the cop tried to give me a fix it ticket I told him I wasn't going to pay attention to what he was saying and put a DVD in and started watching tv while he was trying to explain my ticket...........then I sent my lawyer to the court date and got them all expunged Don't let cops dick you around.........
Old 04-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra
The last time the cop tried to give me a fix it ticket I told him I wasn't going to pay attention to what he was saying and put a DVD in and started watching tv while he was trying to explain my ticket...........then I sent my lawyer to the court date and got them all expunged Don't let cops dick you around.........
you're serious?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:37 AM
smokedaddy
Banned

Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra
At least somene's got some balls around here, but don't be stupid xsentrixsupra just know's his rights!!

Quick Reply: fix it ticket