Notices

crx body specs?

Old 02-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crx body specs?

hi i just was curious if there are many body differences in size of the 88-91 crx and also between the hf, dx, and si. I only ask this because evreytime i see an si and i compare it to my hf it looks like its a "cooler" car then mine now this isnt all the time i can also look at mine in certain angles and be like damn yo my junk is nice. now it could be because my hf has stock black rims that came from an integra so the rubber is a bit larger and the si's always have si rims and so it gives it a better look. I just want to know so i have absolutely no doubt know what i mean? if you dont want to waste your time and answer this can you guys atleast give me a link to somewhere that will answer my question?
Old 03-01-2004, 04:45 AM
jc836

I think you are seeing something that is not really there. You mention the difference in wheels-that can make a huge impression. Our Si looks pretty much the same as any other 89-91 CRX model. The body panels are the same except for the sunroof and side light brackets on the front fenders. Yes, there is a difference in the lower openings on the front bumper cover on certain models-othewise everything is the same on the outside. Then again someone mentioned a fitment problem with the doors for certain years in part due to the seatbelt mounting. Visually it would be hard to tell if 2 cars were identically prepared what year they really are.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:30 PM
S2Kev

The si also had a front lip.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

thanks alot you guys i kind of thought there wasnt much differences i heard something about the doors too, i think it is because of the door mounted seatbelts but not sure. doesnt really matter though. thanks for your responce

oh yeahmy friend has an 88 si he bought a wings west body kit straight from wings west but the fitment wasnt good he called the company and found out they sent him one for the 90-91si is there some differences in the brackts or the bumper mounts between the 88-89 and then 90-91? hes getting it custom fit so it wont be a problem sinse his brother actually owns a body shop but i was wondering if there is little details that are differnet in the mounting of the bumper sinse they are differnt bumpers? anyways thanks for everything.