Notices

’91 CRX Si swap question

Old 01-09-2004, 12:37 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ’91 CRX Si swap question

I’m doing ‘advanced car modification’ as a Sr. project at my high school. I want to do a B16A G2 (SiRII) swap and a few other modifications. What will I need to modify on my '91 CRX Si to get the engine to mount? I also need to take into consideration the California emission laws (I’m going to college out there). Any help would be really great.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

No Japanese market engines in Californian street cars, period. If you want a B16A, you can only use US market first generation equivalent B16A engines from a del Sol VTEC or a 99-00 Civic Si.

To get the engine to mount, you need a set of aftermarket mounts.

The transaxle will have to be replaced by an older cable transaxle, or you will need a hydro/cable mount kit.

The electronics will need to be backdated to OBD-0, which means you need a first gen B16A (direct fit) or B18A (needs modification) distributor and OBD-0 B-series injectors. Wires for VTEC need to be run, too.

Don't forget the axles and shift linkage. For all you would need to do for a "torqueless wonder" B16A you should probably consider a 90-91 Integra B18A swap. It's an easier fit, and cheaper.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:26 PM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

awesome, thanks