Notices

BLOWER doesnt blow

Old 01-01-2004, 07:16 PM
menappi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLOWER doesnt blow

hey i just put in a blower into my 91 dx hatch, and it wont turn on. heat comes out of the vents when i drive, but only because of the air circulating, and i dunno why the blower doesnt turn on. i hooked everything up correctly i believe (car didtn come with a blower) so i sort of guessed with the wires, but i tested them too and theres no power going to any that i plugged in. fuse is ok...so im sort of lost. and my instrument panel lights dont come on, meaning the lights behind the temp controls. any ideas?
Old 01-02-2004, 06:55 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

There are some fan control resistors that the fan switch sends power to for your variable speeds. Make sure those are plugged in, and make sure your fan switch is connected.

Those are really the only three things coming between the battery and your fan blowing. Grab a wiring diagram and try to find and verify those things.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:28 PM
menappi

Hey where are those relays at? i have a few extra that were given to me and idont know where they are located? i dont have a wiring diagram either..=\ any help on where to find the relays? yea i plugged the blower in, but im not sure if its teh right plug. it came frmo the right hand side of the car, and it fit so i just put it in. there is also some weird black box on the blower that has the company name DENSO on it, and a green tube on it, that has a plug, but i wasn table to plug it in because its located in the back. any idea what that is? MAN I NEED SOME HEAT~!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Scrub91DX
Un-Registered User

The Box with DENSO on it is the Resistor, That needs to be plugged in, but i dont remember if the heater will still work but only have the highest speed or if it wont work at all without that plugged in

-Matt-
Old 01-06-2004, 11:17 PM
menappi

heres a picture of what my blower looks like as of now. i dont know where to plug the 'resistor thing in'

the thing circled in blue...is the resistor? i thoguth the resistor was in the front with the coils? anywhoo, the plug on the end of the green cable is unplugged. i dont knwo where it goes. theres a long plug that comes through the firewall, circled in yellow, that i dont knwo where it goes too? its not big enough to plug in the 'resistor' though. my blower doesnt turn on when i turn it to 1,2,3,or 4, so if i got that green cord plugged in, should it make it turn on? any idea where the plug is??? i need HEAT!