Notices

Radiator troubles

Old 12-16-2003, 08:12 PM
kd5dbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator troubles

First off.... Radiator.com has really pIssed ( :madfawk: ) me off.... they lied to me. I don't take it well when people flat out lie to me.

I need a new radiator for the Civic... can only find plastic radiators at the local places (OK... plastic tanks anyway). Go to Radiator.com and they say they have a nice new all metal Visteon that will fit, and cheaper than local. Cool says I, give them my credit card number. Well, the radiator shows up today and it's the EXACT piece of crap plastic radiator that I could get local. Call their "customer support" number and am told that's the only one they have for my car. They have no idea why anyone there would offer me an all metal radiator. I will give them some (small) credit in that they have offered to take it back at no cost, but I'm still steamed at being lied to.

But the real question to the group is... does it really make a difference to have an all metal radiator, or will the plastic one do. Opinions and thought would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Dave
Old 12-16-2003, 10:22 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Most radiators, including the factory rads on both my cars, have plastic endtanks. Nothing to worry about.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:11 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

The plastic tends to crack and break apart from the heat. Absoluteradiator.com is where I got my all-metal radiator. They sell several all-metal radiators for the EF.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:36 AM
kd5dbl

Thanks for the input... I think I'll look in to the metal one. I mean, the car has already been sitting in my driveway with its coolant system taken apart for a week... what's another couple of days, right?

(Thank God I have a truck I can drive when the Honda is sick)

--
Dave