Notices

IAT...wire pulled out...Help!?

Old 12-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAT...wire pulled out...Help!?

My Intake air temperature sensor is being flashed by my ECU...so I go on the hunt to find the thing...found it! (very excited, might actually fix something)...oh-oh. One of the wires has 'torn' out of the little white sensor casing...I can see the little stubby bit still stuck in the sensor...one of the two wires (green one) from the harness is still ok...but there is not enough wire to perform a "fix" to the red wire...the guy at the parts counter at Honda said I'm screwed and said I'm going to have to buy another 'complete' engine wire harness!!! That's like $700!!!

How screwed am I???

Jason
Old 12-12-2003, 03:00 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Not very. Go to a junkyard, cut a plug out of another Honda of similar age, and splice it in to your harness. It'll cost about $1 and take ten minutes to solder in.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:13 AM
Magik

Great idea...only problem with that is, yards around here don't let you 'walk amongst the cars' they keep them behind locked fences...you go to a desk, request what you want, if it hasn't been removed from the car and put in their computer...they consider they don't have it...in my case I'd have toask for the whole harness.

Jason