Notices

what cat. should i get?

Old 12-09-2003, 11:10 AM
sick79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cat. should i get?

i have an 88 dx hatch, my question is: i have to replace the cat because the previous owner punched it out. i have to get the car emissioned, and afterwards i plan to swap the b18 out of my teg in to the hatch. i was wondering what cat i should get, i dont want to get a cat for the d15, than turn around and get one for the b18 after i do the swap. will the stock civic cat be to resrictive for the b18? any advice? thanks.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:47 PM
crxb16er

u cant run the d15 cat which is located at the bottom of the 4-1 header with a b18, ur gonna need a universal cat put onto the straight pipe on the bottom of the car, especially if u plan a b18 swap in the future, no it wont be too restrictive but the piping may be if u have never done anything to ur exist system and it is still stock piping. as far as driving with the d15 you can leave the punched out cat and put in a new one on the bottom of the car and drive with 2 in until you get the b18 in there. which would be my suggestion
Old 12-09-2003, 02:11 PM
sick79

Originally posted by crxb16er
u cant run the d15 cat which is located at the bottom of the 4-1 header with a b18, ur gonna need a universal cat put onto the straight pipe on the bottom of the car, especially if u plan a b18 swap in the future, no it wont be too restrictive but the piping may be if u have never done anything to ur exist system and it is still stock piping. as far as driving with the d15 you can leave the punched out cat and put in a new one on the bottom of the car and drive with 2 in until you get the b18 in there. which would be my suggestion
i appreciate the advice.

as for the 4-1 header, i think you think i have the hf motor(not sure on the engine code), my car has the dpfi d15b2, and the cat is connected to the end of the downpipe, just like on my teg. but as long as the cat will be fine i can always upgrade the stock exhaust piping when i do the swap. thanks again.