Notices

Clutch replacement on D15??

Old 12-05-2003, 06:37 AM
likaciv
Pretty Much its a Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch replacement on D15??

I recently sold my hybrid civic for a 700$ 91 civic lx , anyway it needs a new clutch like no other. I ordered an excedy clutch and it should be here soon. From the looks of the engine bay its damn cramped it there. I have had no experience with the 1gen civic, can someone tell me if this can be done with the motor in the car?? Thanks a lot
Old 12-05-2003, 07:06 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

You sold your Civic, yet you are needing to put a clutch in it?
Old 12-05-2003, 07:11 AM
Magik

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
You sold your Civic, yet you are needing to put a clutch in it?
FGH...I think he meant he sold his Civic & bought the 91 lx for $700 that he needs to put a clutch in. I could be wrong though...that confused me too...

Originally posted by likaciv
I have had no experience with the 1gen civic
Ummm...a 91 is not a 1gen...it's a 4th Gen...

Jason
Old 12-05-2003, 12:39 PM
likaciv
Pretty Much its a Civic

I meant the 4th gen, and yes i sold my 5th gen hybrid and bought a 700$ lx. It needs a new clutch, any advice as far as a clutch instal goes for this particular civic, or is it about the same as the 5th gen?

Thanks, sorry for the confusion
Old 12-18-2003, 12:58 AM
itechengineers
PC's_N_CaR_EnGiNEeRiNGMaN

hey i did a clutch job in a setup sim........ if your gonna do it your self and you dont have a lift or dont even wanna pull out the engine...... 2 jacks (GOOD ONES, decent floor jacks) while the car is on jack stands, place one jack under the engine and snug it the other under the main area of the tranny and snug it.... crack and loosen the mounting bolts then raise both jacks by a 1/2 inch.... you should see the engine and tranny rise when you jack it a 1/2 inch....... then unbolt the tranny from its mounts then from the engine........ then drop the floor jack that has the tranny slowly and the other floor jack will keep the engine in the bay .... keeep in mind you should leave the drivers side engine mounts fully in tact, you shouldnt have to remove the engine(unless you want to) so why unbolt and drop the engine if all your doing is the clutch.... you can install the pressureplate and disc while the engine is still in the bay and supported with the floor jack............ if you've never done it before.... by a book and research it,,, get an idea of what your getting yourself into before you jump in..... i hope i helped good luck. !ITE!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:03 AM
BranZ

I hate to jump in on this but... Do you have to pull out the axle shafts? Is there any further disassembly? BranZ
Old 08-08-2006, 10:13 AM
jlicrx

Originally Posted by BranZ
I hate to jump in on this but... Do you have to pull out the axle shafts? Is there any further disassembly? BranZ
yes, you need to drain the transmission and remove the axles