Notices

pull the block with out pulling the tranny too?

Old 11-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Jlockheed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pull the block with out pulling the tranny too?

Im currently swapping a d16y7 in place of my d15 in my crx and ran into a problem with the linkage off the tranny. (The spring pin wont come out ) So i was curious if anyones tried to take the block out with out taking the tranny along with it?
Thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I've taken an engine and transaxle out of the car with the linkage still attached to it. That was a 5G though, which has a lot more room to screw around with.

Keep trying to beat the pin out.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:33 AM
crxb16er

yah if the pin doesnt come out simply disconnect the linkage back on the bottom of the shifter, i wouldnt try disconnecting the tranny and just pulling the block out itll be a pain. if u cant bang the pin out with a screw driver or punch then simply disconnect the nut and bolt back on the other end of the shift linkage and worry about it once the engine and tranny are out, hope that hleps some. good luck, on a 4th gen uve still got a good amount of room. the shift linkage has that clip around the pin once u remove the clip the pin should fall out if not just help it out a little with a punch....
Old 11-23-2003, 03:42 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

8mm or the 7/16" (i think) punch will get that sucker out...spray in liquid lube to help motivate it before beating on it...takes practice that's all
Old 11-23-2003, 05:23 PM
WhiteRice

air hammers are nice....I'd use one of those!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 05:43 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

It's a lot easier to take the tranny out with the engine. When I did my swap I couldn't get the pin out either. What I did was pull the engine out of the top and drop the tranny out of the bottom.

However later on I managed to get that bitch pin out. What I used was an M8 bolt, decent size like 3'' long. Hammer the shit out of it. It will seem like it is doing nothing for a while than 5 taps and it will pop right out.