Notices

88 hatch motor swap

Old 11-05-2003, 01:08 PM
sick79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 hatch motor swap

i came across a 1988 dx hatchback today for 350$. it needs a radiator and has minor body dings which isnt a problem for me. my question is, how much is needed to swap my b18a out of my teg(1990) into that car? i would transfer motor, trannie, harness, ecu. what about axles, would mine work or would custom axles be neccesary? and i know mounts will be needed too. i know whats involved, i just need to know whats needed. also, is it really worth it, can i expect some decent performance with the b18 in the civic. thanks.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You've got it pretty much down, except for the DPFI -> MPFI conversion.

The Integra axles are fine to use.

A B18A into an '88 is a good thing, on par with a B16A with a hell'of'a lot more low end grunt.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:40 PM
sick79

Originally posted by Kai
You've got it pretty much down, except for the DPFI -> MPFI conversion.

The Integra axles are fine to use.

A B18A into an '88 is a good thing, on par with a B16A with a hell'of'a lot more low end grunt.
thanks alot kai. i wasnt sure about axles, i had a magazine which had a detailed "how to" on this very swap but i cant find it. but i have one which explains the dual point to multi point so it shouldnt be a problem.

im still debating on swapping everything over or just getting the civic running and selling my teg. i originally wanted a hb but ended up getting my teg. now i can have my cake and eat it too!:naughty: :thumbup: thanks again.