Notices

I Need Help!?!

Old 11-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Uncle Bubba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the main relay. It was more of a bitch than I thought to get to. Let's hope that does the trick. The old one did not look that bad, but then I have no clue what a good and bad one look like.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:24 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

you cant tell if its bad unless you pop it open. i dunno if they fry or what but im sure there is soem sort of difference. let us know how it goes. i learned that my main relay is like 75$ from the honda dealership. that blows goats...bad.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:27 PM
crxb16er

if u have a steady hand with a soldering iron u can fix the connections
Old 11-06-2003, 01:35 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

is that what goes bad is just connetions? if so fug a dealership ill do that myself heh.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Magik

Mine cost me about $80 CDN when I replaced it...and my "not starting" problem has never happened again "knock knock" on wood.
My relay when I popped it open I expected to looked toasted too...all of the connection's looked fine.

Keep us posted Bubba...very curious to see if that solves your problems. Good luck!

Jason
Old 11-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Uncle Bubba

Like I said earlier the main relay looked ok, but I don't know what a bad one looks like. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and let you all know how it's working out. I drove the vehicle about 100 miles today with no issues. 30 miles highway; 15 highway,city; 10 highway, city; and 30 highway with stops ranging between 1-3 hours. It was the first time I had driven the vehicle in a week and last time I had this fixed it happened in day 3, so we'll see.

Funny story about the price of the main relay. Went to my local Honda dealer to get relay. Parts dept. says he's out of it and if he doesn't have one, nobody does. I call Honda dealer 10 miles away, they have one. Drive up there to get it and I am cashing out and they tell me its $66. Thinking it's kinda high I give them my credit card. Comes back a couple minutes later and tells me the cc machine is down. Fine, I'll grab some lunch and come back. Go back 40 minutes later and still broken. Go to local ATM get cash out and go back. They lowered the price to $40 for my trouble. Made my day that a car dealership went out of their way to try to make me happy.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Magik

Buba...sounds like your car is going to be fine...but do keep us posted.

You should go into your dealer and tell them what happened...or better yet...write the dealership owner a letter...and tell them due to the circumstances of this transaction that you will be now buying from the other dealership and that you will be recommending the alternate dealership to other.

See what you get for an answer

Jason
Old 11-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Uncle Bubba

Car died twice today, but started right up. One time I was going 50 MPH and the other time I was slowing down to take a corner right near my house. They happened about 10 miles apart ayt the end of two 50 mile trips. This is driving me nuts.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Magik

I was sure the MR would do it...hmmm...Fuel pump?

Jason
Old 11-08-2003, 06:17 AM
Uncle Bubba

Would the fuel pump turn off and then turn back on again?