Notices

Front AND Rear Disc Swap for 91 HF

Old 10-22-2003, 12:03 AM
ketchup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front AND Rear Disc Swap for 91 HF

im in a bit of a corner here and would really appreciate any help that you guys can provide me.

ok, i've got a 91 crx hf and to my understanding need 26 spindle count for a gsr swap. this means that i need to swap out the knuckles to 26 count spindles. i got a pair of 90+ teg front disc set-up including knuckle rotors calipers. then i found out that the teg knuckle will completely throw off my caber caster AND toe. damn !!

for my front suspension i've got 17 in. rims and my camber is already pretty wacked. both front tires are completely worn to the thread on the inner side of the wheel [towards the engine]. going to get new tires next week, car isn't being driven til then. i've already got a camber kit on there and probably will be replacing the ball joints aswell. the upper control arm was also catching to the fender wall and both have been shaved for clearance. i'm taking the car to the shop to have the front susp. looked at b.c it's probably been in an accident where the driverside wheel was hit and pushed back.

anyways, what should i do ?! go with the camber kits ? or get rid of the teg stuff and get another set of front discs ?! is the teg knuckle alot heavier than the civics ?!

rear disc wise, i've got the jdm crx ones and i noticed the lower control arm on the trailing arm is designed different than the ones on the usdm crxs, also found a wire attached to them that was clipped. possible abs ? if so will they work on my non abs hf ?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:25 PM
crxb16er

for the front of the car get either crx si nuckles and hubs, those off a civic ex, dx, or si, the only ones u cannot use are the ones from a std or hf. and stay with ones off a civic or crx to remain compatable, ive personally got civic ex nuckles and hubs and also moved over the ex brake calipers due to their bigger size
Old 10-25-2003, 01:50 PM
ketchup

so the 90-91 4 Door SEDAN civic EX, DX, or SI will work with the bigger rotors + calipers [from 90+integ]? i wont be able to use anything from a crx because im trying to use the new integ rotors and rebuilt gsr calipers for the front. im kind of fuzzy on what years are the same for knuckles, i've heard 90-93 civic ex dx and si are all the same knuckles.

lastly, my front suspension is all messed up due to a bent crossmember. I'm planning on replacing the crossmember with the Place Racing x-member BUT will it work with my stock HF engine/tranny ? i'm dropping in a B series engine but not anytime soon.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:09 PM
ketchup

APPARENTLY the SI and EX knuckles are supposed to be the same. DX or anything else thats NOT EX WILL NOT WORK !!!!!!!!!! Good Luck finding EX knuckles if you plan on doing this swap. Still haven't cleared up if the SI knuckles will work with the teg rotors and calipers.