Notices

need help! fuel problem

Old 10-09-2003, 11:32 AM
95GSX_R6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help! fuel problem

i have a 91 crx HF and my car doesnt start...well i found out that i dont have fuel pressure...so i take out the fuel pump and connect it to a battery and the fuel pump works...so i figure its a wiring issue...i follow the black and yellow wire back to under the dash and lose it...does it hit a rely, and where is the rely for the fuel pump or something. or perhaps another insight in what it might be?..
Old 10-10-2003, 07:41 AM
jlicrx

probably the main relay which is behind the dash on the driver's side on the kick panel at the side - that is where the black/yellow wire goes to - failure of the main relay is a common problem
Old 10-10-2003, 09:43 AM
LIL_G

does your computer give you a red light as soon as you turn the key to on to indicate if the computer is on ?
Old 10-10-2003, 10:31 AM
95GSX_R6

yeah...but it has always done that...
Old 10-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Sham

MAIN RELAY

I was going to buy a CRX for $1500 from a guy, and I drove the car home to look it over. Decided to buy it, and went to drive the car to the guy so he could get his stuff, and to write him the check. Car wouldn't start. Brough the guy home, and showed him the car. Told him he could have it back. He said he just wanted to get rid of it. He said he'd sell if for $500. I thought "why not, not that bad of a loss." Bought the car, and looked it over. It would crank, but not start. Disconnected the fuel line, no pressure.

Came online to HAN, did some research, and read about the main relay problem. Went to Honda, and bought a new one. Installed it, and the car's been starting ever since. It costs like $55. This should be it. Easy install too, remove coin box (3 screws), take off fuse cover, unscrew old relay, unplug, and install is the reserve.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:49 PM
excitid

http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/mainrelay.html

you can get one from the yard for cheap or buy a new one its up to you.