Notices

'03 TL-S Aftermarket Subs

Old 08-14-2003, 11:03 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jp2
I understand what you are saying and I agree that this would clear up my problem. Where I run into issues however is that coming out of the RCA converter to my amp are a right and left signal. When I connect both of these inputs to my amp, thats when I can guarantee that my amp MOSFET will be fried in under a month. If I only connect one signal line from the RCA converter box then it will run fine indefinately. I also understand that the bass line is run in mono so this is not really a problem to connect only one line to the amp. Eventually though I plan on replacing the factory Bose speakers with Boston Acoustic speakers powered by another XTant amp I have. Regular signals though have a right and left channel. So I am concerned that I will fry that amp as well and it is now out of warranty unfortunately. So clearly I would like to know if this is going to happen. Sound Advice(aka Tweeter Inc.) have been doing stereo installations a long time so I can'y imagine them never having to deal with this problem before and finding a solution. I would like to find one though before I burn an out of warranty amp. Other alternatives though is getting another head unit and nixing the Bose system entirely . Getting rid of the 6 disc in dash is going to be hard though.
I really don't know why you are having the problems that you are having. What kind of crossover are you using? If your amp works with only 1 RCA jack hooked up, then just leave it at that but not sure why it would work with 1 and not 2 hooked up.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:56 PM
jp2

I agree with you completely and I believe the crossovers are built into the amp. My amp is a 300.1 and I am pretty sure the subs are wired in parallel although I cant verify b/c its a sealed box with no plexi . I'm just sick and tired of having to take my amp back to Sound Advice and have them ship it off every so often b/c eventually this amp will be out of warranty too. But this is really pissing me off. :angry:
Old 08-15-2003, 12:56 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I still say something must be wrong from the install. I've had my system (intalled myself) for about 4 years now and never had a problem. It's not like Xtant is a cheap amplifier. You paid for good quality products and paid for a professional install, you should tell the shop to contact Xtant and figure it out.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.