Notices

'03 Acura TL-S w/Navi Mods

Old 06-15-2003, 03:48 PM
joethus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Acura TL-S w/Navi Mods

I am thinking of purchasing a 2003 Acura TL with Navi. I am going to get the Comptech dual exhausts. Is it true that if I dont also get the headders, there is no point in getting the exhausts? Are the exhausts really loud? Im not looking for a really loud sound, but I do want to "feel" the engine.

Also, if I get a cold air intake, what is a good brand? I was goin to go for the Comptech Icebox, but I have heard mixed reviews about it. Some say the Icebox is too quiet.

Where can I get some really good prices on performance stuff?
Old 06-16-2003, 03:26 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

you can get whatever you like/want... you will have a little power increace with just the exhaust... and no, the comptech exhaust is not loud... its made with daily driven cars in mind. The comptech headers will add about 30 hp... probably one of the most worth-while mods to the motor. I believe comptechs website gives actual dyno graphs for their different parts.

A comptech icebox is quiet... you wont gain much in the way of sound... and only a few HP, as its basically just a more free flowing version of a stock airbox. I'd suggest either an AEM or Ingen intake for your car, to get a good intake sound and the best performance gain.

My friend has a 00 Accord V6 coupe with the comptech exhaust on it and an AEM CAI... that car sounds like a V8 mustang from a slight distance! but not too loud either, just a very nice deep tone.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:44 PM
BonzoAPD

comptech header will give you a big gain, 30hp at the wheels. Go to www.comptech.com to look at the dyno's they did on the CL Type-S. Comptech is a little louder than stock but not much. It is a very good sound increase and sounds awesome. I am doing the all comptech i/h/e on my GSR