Notices

02'TLS on 4th transmission - what are my options?

Old 09-21-2005, 08:57 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAC19171
I've already talked to Honda, and they said that they would get back to me after contacting the dealership whose is fixing my tranny for the 4th time. I've also made contact with a lemon law lawyer, but I haven't heard anything yet. If Acura wants to keep me as a customer for life, I think they should give me a new car for all of my troubles. If not, im either sueing them or selling the vehicle and moving over to Lexus. I heard the new IS is going to be a great car. What do you think about this situation? Any comments or advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Why would they give you a new car when they've been putting in $2000 trannies for you for free??

The lemon law does not apply when the dealership fixes the problem for nothing. That would be a tough case to make. Your time is worth nothing to the court. It sucks but at least Honda is fixing it for you and trying to keep you happy. Toyota have their problems too...their 3.0 V6s are known for going before 100k miles unless maintained perfectly because of a massive oil sluding problem that they've never recalled.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 AM
MAC19171

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Law

Well the lemon law states that after a sufficient amount of attempts to correct the problem. that the corporation should be responsible for replacing the vehicle. I have fixed the tranny 4 times, and brought it back again because they had not fixed it correctly. Of course they should have to pay for the trannies, because its their fault for installing a defective transmission in the first place. An Acrua Rep. tried to get me to trade my car in and pay $35000 for an 05 Tl. They wanted to make profit off of me on my car and the new car..What kind of shit is that? I should be able to drive my car another 92000 miles without being force to take on a car note, when my car is already paid for.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:06 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally Posted by MAC19171
Well the lemon law states that after a sufficient amount of attempts to correct the problem. that the corporation should be responsible for replacing the vehicle. I have fixed the tranny 4 times, and brought it back again because they had not fixed it correctly. Of course they should have to pay for the trannies, because its their fault for installing a defective transmission in the first place. An Acrua Rep. tried to get me to trade my car in and pay $35000 for an 05 Tl. They wanted to make profit off of me on my car and the new car..What kind of shit is that? I should be able to drive my car another 92000 miles without being force to take on a car note, when my car is already paid for.
You might want to consult an attorney in your state that deals with lemon law.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
davidjkozak
Noob '01 CL (non S-Type)

Default Litigation is the answer

Nevermind...
Old 01-31-2006, 10:19 AM
ucbran

Default Class action

Please visit this website. There is a law firm looking into a class action against American Honda. I have a 2003 CL that has just been towed up to the dealership because AFTER the transmission was replaced it is having the same problems. I told them after the last time when I TRIED to drive it up and ended up snarling traffic on the freeway risking my life when the car downshifted suddenly at 65 miles per hour I would not drive it up to them they had to come and get it. Please join me in fighting American Honda and stand up for your rights as a consumer. www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/acura
Old 02-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Brad
wooo nascar!

switch to the CL-S 6mt tranny. problem solved.