Notices

How to replace oil pan gasket on 96 3.2 TL?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Kree323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace oil pan gasket on 96 3.2 TL?

Hi all,

I need some advice, please. My very high mileage 96 3.2 TL is dribbling oil out from the oil pan gasket so fast that I can't drive it more than a few miles before filling the motor back up with oil. How much work is it to replace the oil pan gasket? If I do it myself, what are the steps and difficulty level? If I have a mechanic do it, how much should I expect to pay? Is this a common problem on this car?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:37 AM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A leak of that size wouldn't be considered a normal problem. It isn't incredibly hard but, in my opinion, it's a pain in the ass and even though I have the necessary tools (basic socket set and torque wrench) and know-how, I'd seriously consider having a mechanic do it if I had the money for labor (which shouldn't be too incredibly high, call around). It's one of those things I'd rather avoid without the convenience of a lift.

If you search you should find a how-to of sorts here on HAN or elsewhere. It may be for a different car, but it doesn't vary that much to my knowledge as long as the make is the same. Good luck and welcome to HAN

Last edited by A-series; 05-02-2009 at 03:38 AM.