Notices

rims and exhaust ques

Old 01-04-2003, 12:21 PM
type-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rims and exhaust ques

well i just hit a pot hole left over from snow plowing...and i have to get one of my tires replaced..so im thinking of changeing my stock 17s to 19s...can anyone tell me what a good width and offset would be for 19s..also what lowering kit would be good to make it look right..but not rub..
also..does anyone know of another exhaust besides the comptech (i've been feeling that the tips are to small) that is a direct bolt on to the tls...and if so..what size are the tips?..do you know how it sounds?
Old 01-04-2003, 12:25 PM
type-s

btw...im looking for an exsaust that isnt obnoxiouly loud...i when i drive by...i want people to look and be intrested...but not thinking that its overly loud and anoying...i dont thuink the comptechs could deliver a tone loud enough to envoke intrest..unless perhaps i drive at high rpms..but i want something with a low rumble at normal driving speeds..say..2000 too 3000 rpms..

also..does everyone use the comptechs?...i was wondering if anyone buys like universal mufflers from companys like flowmaster and greddy and have them welded on..if so..is it expensive to do that?...and do they wound bad?
Old 01-04-2003, 01:41 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Comptech will give you the nicest sound. The GReddys and Flowmasters will be loud and obnoxious, as you said. In my past experiences, people that have loud exhausts usually get looks of disdain from people, not appreciation. get the Comptech...who cares if riceboys don't know it's an aftermarket exhaust, all that matters is it gives you the performance you want. Comptech will do that the best.

Oh yeah...pick up a set of comptech headers while you're at it. 20-30 WHP increase for $1200.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:40 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I agree, get the Comptech exhaust, it has a low rumble at low RPM. Also, 3.5" tip is just right, you don't want a something that's too big.

As for lowering kit, I have Comptech springs with my setup and I don't have rubbing problems. Just stick to offset of about +45 to +50 and you'll be fine. I have +42 offset with no rubbing.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.