Notices

CL Type S shift boot will fit what cars?

Old 12-15-2002, 01:43 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
fastball, if you wanna play that way, headers add 30HP to the CL-S :fawk:
No, I'm not playing that way. A K&N is fifty bucks. Headers are, I don't know, lots more. You missunderstood my point: with MINIMAL modification and premium fuel (which the CL-S requires, anyway) you can get the same power out of the Accord, and make the horsepower argument between the two a moot point.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:04 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understood, I was just being an ass h:

The Accord 6 speed is about equal to the CL-S 6 speed in 1/4 mile times anyway because it's so much lighter. However, the CL-S has that NASTY exhaust tone and that HLSD
Old 12-15-2002, 03:34 PM
fastball
A little chin music

I understood, I was just being an ass h:

The Accord 6 speed is about equal to the CL-S 6 speed in 1/4 mile times anyway because it's so much lighter. However, the CL-S has that NASTY exhaust tone and that HLSD
Which is, as you can tell by my sig, one of the many reasons why I am so indecisive between the two. Saturday I took an extended test drive of an AV6 coupe automatic, and when I began talking about the six speed, the salesman told me they were only getting one (as we've discussed before in other forums). But what hit me was the fact that he said "so far no one has put money down on it. If you want it, we can work out something today so you will get it". I'm still thinking the initial shippment will be one, but over the year I'm sure they'll get more. They just want the most money out of it at first.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:36 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by fastball
Which is, as you can tell by my sig, one of the many reasons why I am so indecisive between the two. Saturday I took an extended test drive of an AV6 coupe automatic, and when I began talking about the six speed, the salesman told me they were only getting one (as we've discussed before in other forums). But what hit me was the fact that he said "so far no one has put money down on it. If you want it, we can work out something today so you will get it". I'm still thinking the initial shippment will be one, but over the year I'm sure they'll get more. They just want the most money out of it at first.
Well if they aren't gonna shove it up your rear end, I'd get the Accord. If they try to pull MSRP (and even above MSRP) BS, I'd tell them about the Acura dealership down the road. If you can get a really good deal on the CL-S, I'd go for that though.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:44 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Well if they aren't gonna shove it up your rear end, I'd get the Accord. If they try to pull MSRP (and even above MSRP) BS, I'd tell them about the Acura dealership down the road. If you can get a really good deal on the CL-S, I'd go for that though.
For sure. I made myself crystal clear that I will not pay over sticker for a car, and the only car I would pay sticker for is a Lamborghini or Ferrari. He told me if I bought one, I was going to pay at least sticker from anyone. And that's not the first dealership to tell me that. I'm sure that the prices are starting to losen up on CL-S's. I'll wait untill the six speed Accord has actually been released before I start dealing. I am very curious as to what I will find at that time, as to what dealers want for the Accord 6 speed. You know they love to play on people's emotions. The great thing about it, I don't need a new car. My Prelude is great, and if I can't get things the way I want, I can turn around and walk away.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:24 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by fastball
For sure. I made myself crystal clear that I will not pay over sticker for a car, and the only car I would pay sticker for is a Lamborghini or Ferrari. He told me if I bought one, I was going to pay at least sticker from anyone. And that's not the first dealership to tell me that. I'm sure that the prices are starting to losen up on CL-S's. I'll wait untill the six speed Accord has actually been released before I start dealing. I am very curious as to what I will find at that time, as to what dealers want for the Accord 6 speed. You know they love to play on people's emotions. The great thing about it, I don't need a new car. My Prelude is great, and if I can't get things the way I want, I can turn around and walk away.
I'm a good bargainer...**** man, no way I would pay MSRP for ANY car. Except an S2000 for instance. I'd prefer the CL-S over the Accord anyway if you can get the price close.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:31 PM
fastball
A little chin music

I'm a good bargainer...**** man, no way I would pay MSRP for ANY car. Except an S2000 for instance. I'd prefer the CL-S over the Accord anyway if you can get the price close.
Like I said, dealers love to play on emotion with cars like this. People are all like "wow! A six speed and a V6 in the Accord! I want one no matter how much I get rapped!." Rediculous. If not a single soul gave in to the moron stealerships, they would be more willing to sell them at a reasonable price. Goes with the supply/demand lecture in Economics 101.