Notices

99 ACURA 3.0 CL problems?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
smgtech
Honda Powered.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a TSB out on it for Accord V6 its our same engine...do not worry about getting the kit...take your own drill bit do not drill out the metal just the black carbon. The port is at the very in on the 6 big holes on the intake manifold it self...the one on the engine don't mess with to much just put something in it and loosen up the carbon but don't drop anything down this hole. Put everything back together and start the engine and do the seafoam thing...works like a charm...all the white smoke out the tailpipe... opcorn: my car is having the ignition problem too...its under a recall so its going to get fixed for free...
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
mikefee1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i Cleaned the egr ports.I took the manifold off and the port was completely blocked.The engine light was on before i cleaned the ports now it is off which is good.The car seems to be running a little bit better but still having the problem with the rpms. When I come to a stop they still drop and then kick back up you can feel the whole car jerking.Any other suggestions.

I change my oil,oil filter and air filter every 3,000 miles
I did a tune up about a year ago so i guess I should do it again soon.
I have never changed the fuel filter.

Last edited by mikefee1; 06-23-2008 at 09:56 AM.