Notices

97 3.2 TL remote programming

Old 02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
tkisling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 3.2 TL remote programming

I just bought a 97 3.2 TL and needed a replacement keyless remote. I've searched through the history here but didn't see anything about this. I have the instructions to program a replacement remote to work, but is there a way to have the remote either flash the lights or chirp the horn to confirm lock/unlock?

The remotes work now, but I'd like some type of 'from a distance' notification other than having to listen to hear if the locks engaged or disengaged.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:03 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If you push the lock button twice, doesn't it sound the horn?
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:39 AM
tkisling

Nope... I had to buy a new remote @ my local dealer and had them program it. But the guy that did it didn't really instill much confidence when I asked him about it. He looked in some book but it didn't have any pictures or pop-ups so I am suspect of him. That's why I'm asking here. The real experts; owners of these cars! Does the 97 TL have the capability to chirp or flash the lights when the remote is used?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 PM
bob01721

Originally Posted by tkisling
"... Does the 97 TL have the capability to chirp or flash the lights when the remote is used...?"
I believe only the RLs have the chirp alert. Not sure about the flashing lights. There's an Acura TSB -- 97-040 -- which tells how to program all the transmitters, which ones chirp... If you can get your hands on a copy, it should answer all your questions.