Notices

Acura Maintance required

Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 AM
sahil123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Maintance required

i had just purchased ACURA 2002 3.2 TL and in 1st week it says MAINTAINCE RQUIRED. The LED is on Amber if some one can guide me what to do . oil and brakes seems look good. if some sart of maintance required kindly help me our ? how to do it ?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

It usually means you need an oil change. If you have the records, check to see when was the last time it had an oil change. Read your owner's manual, it will tell you all about it and how to reset it.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
DanF

Originally Posted by sahil123
i had just purchased ACURA 2002 3.2 TL and in 1st week it says MAINTAINCE RQUIRED. The LED is on Amber if some one can guide me what to do . oil and brakes seems look good. if some sart of maintance required kindly help me our ? how to do it ?
No need to panic. This light comes on automatically when your car hits certain mileage. Even if you changed your oil yesterday, the light would still come on when it hits a certain mileage. This is not the same as your "Check Engine" light, which comes on when other specific problems occur. As "AcuraTL" said, you can check your owners manual to see how to reset this light, but since the light came on, you need to ask yourself: Do I need to change the oil or do other service that is required at this mileage?