Notices

'92 Vigor; OEM radio - CD won't play.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:46 PM
MoparMarq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '92 Vigor; OEM radio - CD won't play.

Hello All,

I joined in hopes of finding some person(s) out there who might help solve some problems on the wife's daily driver.

'92 Vigor: It has the 6 disc CD changer mounted in the trunk. The disc changer doesn't seem to work. The stereo works fine, radio tuner, volume, channel selector buttons, etc., but the CD is not selectable. I have an Factory Service Manual (including wiring diagrams), but I was hoping someone who has had this problem in the past might point me in the right direction. Perhaps it's something easy so I don't have to pull what's left of my hair out looking for it.

Post here, PM me, or email is fine. Thanks in advance.

-Marq
Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

So the only thing that does not work is the CD changer right? Did you check to see if the cable is connected. Are you able to eject the CD cartridge and load and hear it loading?
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:27 PM
MoparMarq

Default CD changer problem - NOT!

Thanks for the reply, AcuraTL.

I messed with it some tonight. It turns out to be some sort of (feminine) operator error. I removed the disc magazine (which was, of course, powered), and thought, 'if it's powered, maybe I'll just reinsert it and see what happens.'

I turned the igintion switch on, reinserted the magazine, turned on the stereo, and, lo and behold, it works. I don't know what she was doing, but there seems to be no problem.

BTW, where are you in the Bay Area? I used to live in Sunnyvale when I worked for the "Lazy L" (Lockheed). A while just off El Camino Real and Mathilda, and a long time just off Wolfe Road south of El Camino. I just couldn't handle the cost of living anymore...