Notices

Help

Old 05-26-2007, 10:57 AM
92bluevigor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

My 1992 Vigor is acting up. It will not rev above 3000 RPMs and when you first give it gas it cuts out, like stalling and then goes again. I have replaced spark plugs, cap and rotor, fuel filter. and i think that is it. Kinda sounds like a vaccum problem. Any help would be great.

Thanks
mike
Old 05-29-2007, 01:24 PM
bob01721

Sounds more (to me) like an intake restriction than a vacuum leak.

If you remove the big black hose from the throttle body, you can look in and see if the throttle plate moves as you tug on the throttle cable. If it's not moving freely, the engine won't be able to gulp enough air to rev as it should.

Also, see how it runs with that hose disconnected. If it revs okay like that, there may be a restriction "forward" of the throttle body -- blocked air filter, kinked hose, etc.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 AM
shawnhu

These symptoms are showing up a lot lately with the newer cars equipped with MAF sensors. These sensors would get dirty, and report a false amount of air travelling into the manifold. The Vigor has no such sensor, but it does have a MAP sensor to help detect the pressure in the manifold. A drop in pressure would mean more air flow.

Might want to investigate into changing out the MAP sensor.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
coctail

Check the vacum hose from the MAP sensor to the engine, I had an issue and it turned out to be a 68 cent problem (the hose). If it's not then it's your Map sensor, I'm lucky I have a junk yard next to me that has a Vigor for parts, hope you can get one second hand or else get 500$ ready that's about the price brand you.