Notices

Acura CL First Gen Reviews

Old 05-10-2007, 10:33 AM
2nice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura CL First Gen Reviews

Hey, I'm looking into getting an Acura CL first gen (97-99). I would just like to hear from people who have this car to share their reviews on this car. What problems they have with it, or anything that would help.

My last car was a Civic so I assume this would be less efficient in terms of gas, but how good are these on gas?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Its the same as an Accord
Old 05-14-2007, 07:21 AM
2nice

...anyone else?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 AM
KamaDelaney

I have a 2.2 CL with 187K on it, changed oil, brakes, clutch, tires and Timing belt. Doesn't burn oil, a very minor oil pan leak. ABS module just went out. That's it, just a solid car, no issues drive it 130 miles a day back and forth to work.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Iagent

I have had one 97 CL 3.0 for five years. I was going to pass it down to my daughter now that she's 16 years old. I can't part with my CL, so I bought her a well used 97 CL 3.0. That should tell you something about the satisfaction. They are not perfect, but with Honda Accord reliability, with artistic sleek styling, I can live with the little quirks.

The transmissions can be jerky at startup on a cool morning.
There is a slight hesitation at startup that the driver will get used to working around.
The CL has a somewhat soft ride, but that can be fixed.

I am considering lowering my Red Cl just slightly and making it handle a bit better.

I say try one. You can always sell it if you don't like it. They do resell pretty well as they are unique.

I just picked up the white CL for $3700 with 127,000 mi, and a few minor maint items that need attention. The car cleaned up well, and is very roadworthy.

Here are some pics of mine.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:12 AM
DevilRocks

I have a 1997 Acura 3.0 CL. I seem to be pretty happy with it, very reliable, easy to drive, real Quick! It's got 126K on it, it doesnt look as new as the other guys, its a little more beat up. It's got its share of dents dings and scratches, so it definately could be cleaned up a little more. It has a few minor cosmetic problems, other than that, engine runs great and thats thats important thing. As the other guy said, the tranny is a little jerky when it's cold. My car used to run really cold all the time, so i threw a K&N Ram air intake, big increase in hp. And since it runs warm it runs better, when mine is cold it doesnt like to go into Overdrive, which causes me to use more gas. I recomend a ram air intake!