Notices

Possible new 3.2CL Type S owner

Old 04-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Meds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new 3.2CL Type S owner

can anyone give me some insight into their personal experiences with owning this vehicle? the ups and downs so to speak. the particular vehicles im looking are primarily autos with the exception of one Type S with the 6 speed manual. just an overall on the vehicles with common problems and what to look for when i am test driving. also anyone with some insight into repairs, i know its an Acura, so itll be more costly than my current ride. thanks again for any help.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
bibledriver
Fanatic

Excellent vehicle;
UPs:
1. Great power
2. Great Handling
3. Great Stereo sound
4. Smooth Engine
5. Great overall luxury/sport ride
6. It is a Honda, great long term purchase
DOWNs:
1. Auto trannies have quirks, check if it has been replaced, or has mileage less than 100k for warranty (i forget the time frame but it is posted all over this site)
2. Disc Changer is a little fussy and slow (in dash)
3. my seat is a little awkward at the lumbar level and the lumbar support seems more like thoracic support (but that could just be my seat)
4. Dash does a weird warped looking thing at the point it meets the windshield.

Love my TL S
p.s. Same car almost less a few cosmetic things and obvious 2 doors and minute engine details that don't matter at all.

Anybody have any problems with 2 heavy doors?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
DanF

I have an '02 CL-S auto. So far, I have not had anything go bad except that at 62K miles, the dealer says I need engine mounts. I love the seats. The car is extremely quiet, even more so when I bought Bridgestone tires to replace the funky Michelins that came with it. The Bose stereo system sounds way better than my wife's 07 RDX 5.1 DVD audio system does. I had the transmission replaced at 36K miles, and so far it's been great. Although the car only has 2 doors, the back seat has reasonable space. I like the interior layout in the 2-door car...it's more like a wrap-around cockpit, although this makes it a bit snug. Engine is smooth and powerful, and when in cruise-control it absolutely has no issues whatsoever. I finally paid my car loan off in April, and I am very happy keeping my car for a very long time. Typically if a car pisses me off for any reason, I dump it. I'm keeping my CL-S. I'm tempted sometimes to do to my CL-S what I did to my '95 Accord: Put huge swaybars on it, lower it and do a few other things, but this created a whole set of problems I'm happy to do without now. So I'm happy keeping it stock.