Notices

headlight issue

Old 03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
ajth87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight issue

i am having an issue with my headlights...sometimes while driving my headlights will go off and then back on after a few seconds but sometimes i have to shut them off and then turn them back on myself..note that i always have my foglights on and when the headlights go out the fogs stay on...both headlights go out also..also the same thing happens sometimes when i turn the highbeams on...sometimes the highbeams work fine but rarely when i turn the highs on the headlights go out all together beside the fog lights...and to add to it if it helps..when i was sitting outside of a store the other night i had my lights on while i was in the car with the car running..and i seen through the store window my headlights go out and then back on about 5 sec later but still the foglights always stay on...any ideas please...thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
MTEng

What year/model car?

Anyone been messing in the wiring??
Old 03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

It is either loose connection somewhere or a bad relay. You just have to check them all.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:23 PM
ajth87

well i am convinced that it is the relay that is going because when this happens and the lights are off and wont come on and only the fogs are on.. i will park open the hood and then i will just move the headlight relay a little and the lights come back on and if i keep messing with the relay they will go off again then i mess again and on..so i am almost sure that it is the relay..thanks for all the help