Notices

Mileage

Old 12-04-2006, 07:13 AM
KamaDelaney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mileage

I have a question about my 97 CL. I have 177K miles on it and it is running awesome, not burning any oil. I have had the timing belt changed and the waterpunmp replaced. Recently I discovered that there is a little leakage coming from the engine and I assime it is the main seal. Has anyone had the seals replaced on their engines and what did it cost them and is it wort it or should I drop a used motor in it? I hate to do the latter since my engine is still quiet as a kitten!!!

Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 12:12 AM
sheekdude

I'd just fix the problem... Its not worth swapping motors when yours is fine. You know what you've got, but you never know what you're getting. What part of the engine is the leak comming from?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 AM
KamaDelaney

Default Mileage

The leak is coming from under the timing belt cover and it is slight. The car has not missed a beat and continues to perform well. If I can get the seals changed I would be more inclined to do that if it is financially feasible. This car is awesome and it is going to have to be pryed away from me.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:22 AM
KamaDelaney

Default Mileage

...another issue, I had a CEL and had it checked I was told the EGR Valve and the Position 2 O2 sensor needed to be replaced. I reset the ECU (disco'ed the battery) and the light went off. 24 hours later the CEL came back on, any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally Posted by KamaDelaney
...another issue, I had a CEL and had it checked I was told the EGR Valve and the Position 2 O2 sensor needed to be replaced. I reset the ECU (disco'ed the battery) and the light went off. 24 hours later the CEL came back on, any suggestions?

Thanks
Replace the EGR Valve and Positino 2 O2 sensor.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:00 AM
KamaDelaney

Default Mileage

Thanks! All set! Gotta love the Acura! $450 and 20 minutes of work and I am back on the road!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:38 AM
KamaDelaney

Default Mileage

Well, it was good while it lasted. I have changed the EGR Valve and cleaned everything but my CEL keeps coming on with the same code. Anyone have a clue? My gas mileage has not degraded and neither has the performance.