Notices

Bose Aftermarket help!

Old 09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Accord51
Acura-FFXI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Aftermarket help!

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum, kind of nice to know their are other TL lovers out there! Well, enough sucking up, I need help and tons of it! I have a 02' TL type S and the six disk in-dash CD player just craped out on me! I thought I could MacGyver it by taking it apart and fixing it. Needless to say it made things worse. So I went out and bought myself a pioneer 6800, it’s a nice deck but I haven't installed it yet. Only because people are telling me that the Bose amp is emo and won’t work if it has too much signal going into it from the deck. I bought these speaker wires to rca converters from the Radio Shack, but I haven’t tried them yet. I want to keep the stock speakers and amp because I'm a poor college student I was wondering if this method would work, the speaker wire rca converting or do I have to go out and buy something else.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:39 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

From what I've gathered for 5 minutes of Google time, the amp in the vehicle only runs the sub. Search around the net.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:17 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If you want to keep the stock speakers and amp, I suggest you return your Pioneer deck unit and try to find a used stock one to save yourself some headache.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:27 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the bose system in the TL has amplified speakers...it does not have one amp in a central location but each speaker has its own amp built right on to it...if you change the radio to the pioneer then u MUST change all of the bose speakers as well... dont worry tho. the BOSE system is terribly over rated. put some nice alpine type S speakers in there an it will sound 100% better.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

consult ur local best buy..or circut city if u dont belive me
Old 10-05-2006, 07:41 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by mr22na
the bose system in the TL has amplified speakers...it does not have one amp in a central location but each speaker has its own amp built right on to it...if you change the radio to the pioneer then u MUST change all of the bose speakers as well... dont worry tho. the BOSE system is terribly over rated. put some nice alpine type S speakers in there an it will sound 100% better.
Originally Posted by mr22na
consult ur local best buy..or circut city if u dont belive me
He's right, amp on each speaker. I had to check myself.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:01 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
He's right, amp on each speaker. I had to check myself.
Thanks. also if you do plan on doing the whole set-up..you dont have to run new seaker wire like it were to be an infinity or infinity gold setup..the bose speaker wires may be used for the after market headunit an speakers...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:10 AM
stereo

just put RCA connection on your radio to supply siginal to the Bose amps..or buy a alpine 6 disc changer and a adapter plug for 98+ hondas as the stock radio has external changer controls.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Accord51
Acura-FFXI

lol, i just used a wiring harness and everything worked but the sub. it sounds fine, for right now. im just going to put a little sub in later so i'll have some bass again. just one problem, my navi stop talking. now, how would i fix that?