Notices

engine miss

Old 09-01-2006, 04:29 PM
ajth87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine miss

i have a 93 vigor and sometimes when i am at a light i will feel a jump type feeling come from the car, the idle will jump down then back up to normal in like a second. sometimes it only does it once and sometimes it does it a couple times a few seconds after one another.. and when the car is warming up, the idle goes down then back up a few times, not fluctuate but goes down some then back up to where it is warming up.. any help.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Do you have your A/C on when it is doing this? If so, it is just the compressor kicking in/out. If not, do you hearing your engine misfiring? Does it do it once it reaches normal operating temp.? Did it start recently?
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:42 AM
ajth87

it does it when the engine is warm yes... i know that i need a purge control solenoid valve because it is broken but i am not sure if that could cause the miss...there is a vaccum hose that connects to this valve that isnt connected because it is broken. any other possibilities.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:06 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Just to minus the troubleshooting, you should replace whatever that needs to be replaced and then diagnose. Did this happen recently?
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:32 PM
ajth87

well it started the same day i started driving the car.. just a lil background info.. i bought the car with a bad motor for real cheap.. i had the engine replaced with another used engine.. the car runs great when it comes to driving, the power, performance.. it is just that one skip that i have.. yes this is within the past two weeks so recently.. this coming week i am going to have the sensor changed and then i will go to acura and have a full diagnosis of the car to see what, if any, problems do i have.