Notices

catalytic converter??

Old 08-16-2006, 07:38 AM
ajth87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catalytic converter??

i just had my engine replaced in my 93 acura vigor...the engine starts great with just a ticking noise which i was told i need a valve adjustment. but one problem that i am having is that my car has a real low idle when i put it in to gear.. when in park the idle is lower than normal and the car shakes a little but when in gear the idle goes close to 100 rpms and it shakes worse..when accelerating the car hesitates/sputters real bad..there is a foul smell that comes from the car and my mechanic told me that it was the catalytic converter causing these problems..any opinions or help please respond.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:58 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

If you have a clogged cat., then yes, it might show the symptoms as you had described, especially the smell.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:57 PM
simplyredvw

Originally Posted by ajth87
i just had my engine replaced in my 93 acura vigor...the engine starts great with just a ticking noise which i was told i need a valve adjustment. but one problem that i am having is that my car has a real low idle when i put it in to gear..
Get the valve adjustment done and then see how it runs. You never know how the previous owner had it set.