Notices

92 Vigor (engine light code 41)

Old 06-27-2006, 06:45 PM
desertdaddio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Vigor (engine light code 41)

I'm the original owner of this vehicle and last week my check engine light came on. I found the code which was 41. In my manual it states it's the (heated oxygen sensor). I called acura, and they have no listing for that part?! I tried to reset it and it came right back on. Any Ideas out there?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:41 PM
simplyredvw

So the heater's not working on your oxygen sensor. You can call the dealer with this part number if you want, 36531-PV1-A02. It's not cheap. You might want to see if you can locate a replacement made by Denso. They can usually be found for a cheaper price and they are good quality parts.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:56 PM
desertdaddio

Originally Posted by simplyredvw
So the heater's not working on your oxygen sensor. You can call the dealer with this part number if you want, 36531-PV1-A02. It's not cheap. You might want to see if you can locate a replacement made by Denso. They can usually be found for a cheaper price and they are good quality parts.
I'll give your info a try! I'm trying to figure out what the heater is on an oxygen sensor. I've heard only of oxygen sensors. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I believe that the heated oxygen sensor is supposed to take a more accurate reading when your vehicle is cold, therefore, reducing emission until your vehicle is fully warmed up.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:58 PM
simplyredvw

Originally Posted by AcuraTL
I believe that the heated oxygen sensor is supposed to take a more accurate reading when your vehicle is cold, therefore, reducing emission until your vehicle is fully warmed up.
Close. A heater on an oxygen sensor gets the sensor up to operating temperature quicker, which is where it takes the most accurate readings. Older oxygen sensors relied on the exhaust flow to get the sensor up to operating temperature.