Notices

Entering security code

Old 09-09-2005, 04:29 PM
ItsaHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entering security code

I have a 1996 Honda Accord with a 1998 Acura TL headunit. My battery died last night, and of course now my stereo needs the security code. I have the security code that was given to me from the place of purchase (5-digit code) but when typed in, nothing happens. The word CODE.E displays on the screen, otherwise the stereo does nothing. Am I forgetting a step, or another button to push? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need the security code, pull the unit out, get the number on top of it, and call the acura dealer.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
ItsaHonda

I do have the security code, it's a 5-digit number. It was given to me when I purchased the unit. Problem is, when I put it in, the stereo doesn't do anything. It just continues to read "CODE.E" on the screen. I was wondering if there is some other button I have to push after/before/during the time I put in the code??
Old 09-28-2005, 10:28 AM
elfylai

You Have To Disconnect The Batery Terminal For 30 Secong To Reset Your Radio. Then You Can Enter Sec Codes. You Have 3 Chances. If You Misses Type Codes, Radio Shows Error. You Have To Disc. Batt Again. Good Luck
Old 09-28-2005, 10:36 AM
ItsaHonda

Sorry, forgot to give an update. The store gave me the wrong code, so I had to go the Acura dealer and get the correct code (they ask you for your lisence and vehicle registration... I almost thought I was getting a ticket) The code was off by 1 number. I disconnected the battery terminal for few, reconnected it and then typed in the correct code. Stereo works fine now. Thanks for the help.