Notices

2002-2003 Acura TL Type S: Scheduled Services?

Old 07-18-2005, 01:06 PM
lordvader
TL/Accord Seeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002-2003 Acura TL Type S: Scheduled Services?

Hello All,

Well, I was not able to get my coveted TL Type S as of yet due to finances. Hopefully it is a blessing in disguise, allowing more time to do my homework on the vehicle, as well as watching the price continue to drop for a used vehicle! Here are my questions to you:

1) Can someone please tell me what the mileage marks are for services that this vehicle needs to stay in tip-top shape? (I am not talking oil changes here. I am talking things like belts, other fluids, computer chip tests, navigation updates, etc.) Also when I say 'mileage marks' I am talking about something like: "At 30k miles, the 2002 Acura TL Type S needs to be serviced at an Acura Service center for the transmission fluid, and to ensure that the anti-lock brakes are holding up."

2) What is the cost related to such services?

3) What recalls were released by Honda/Acura that a service center covers for any owner of a 2002 Acura TL Type S?

4) With some recalls, are there any charges involved that the OWNER is responsible to pay for?

I plan on treating my TL like my baby! I have never owned a really nice, high-end luxury car so I plan on taking VERY good care of this one! I am going to list these scheduled services in the owner's manual and stay on top of them vigorously. I am already a saint when it comes to oil changes on a vehicle, but the rest I definitely need reminders. Especially if they are going to effect my newest addition to the family! By the way, can anybody tell me if the 2002-2003 TL Type S has a service update reminder within the screen of the Navigation, or somewhere else within the information center of the vehicle? Can you type in what services you wish to be reminded on for the vehicle to give you a reminder message later on via a mileage counter or timer?

Thanks enthusiasts!