Notices

how is Weapon-R short air ram for 98 TL 2.5?

Old 05-24-2005, 01:44 PM
santa1666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how is Weapon-R short air ram for 98 TL 2.5?

Hello guys,
After much research on the web, I finally found a air intake system for my 1998 acura TL2.5. It is Weapon R air intake. It ranges from 105 dollars to 200 for the newer version. The reviews did not help because some people loved it and some said its waste of money. The stock air intake on acura is just rubber and not good. So the floor is open. Please provide yuor suggestions and ideas.

I plan on using K&N filter instead of the one with Weapon R. If you guys recommed it, i will buy it. This is he only thing besides doign a custom air intake system which I have no knowledge of.

Second, any idea why i am losing power on low RPMs? I have everything stock except that I have 17 inch tires that have same overall diameter as my 15 inches stock. I might be just wrong but any reason i am losing power all of a sudden. Is my air filter to blame (once again a shitty dealer installed) or spark plug? Is it time for me to flush the engine or fuel system or spend 200 bucks and get the whole car checked by the rip off known as Fundy honda( I am fm Saint John, NB, Canada ).
Old 05-24-2005, 03:03 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Since you are going to change to a K&N filter anyways, why not just buy a genaric intake from ebay and slap the K&N on it?

As far as you loss of power in low RPMs, if it happend right after installing the 17's, it could be because thee are heavier than the stock setup. Just an idea.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:27 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Weapon-R makes pretty good filters, they have one of the best free-flowing filters around. So if you are going to buy a kit from Weapon-R, no need to waste money to swap it out for the K&N. As for losing power in the low RPM, your 17s could be blamed.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:54 AM
santa1666

wow I thought a lot of people will give their opinion about a favorite subject. Well the power loss was not visible right after i put 17s. I noticed it just recently, month after. Second, I went to lighter chrome rims with less rubber tires. at least I can lift my 17 inch tire easier than my 15 inches. Anyways, These chromes are going to stay for another 3 months and then winter tires in mid september.

I would like to hear more opinions about weapon R. I do not like the cheap rubber intake acura put in it. Is there any other bran besides acura that I can try?

thanks

sabtain