Notices

2001 CL Type S - Warped Rotors Again

Old 05-23-2005, 01:31 PM
H2oChick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 CL Type S - Warped Rotors Again

After only 46K miles, my rotors are warped again. The first time was just under 20K miles so I guess I got an extra 6K miles this time.
On previous posts, there is mention of using different brake pads (Axis I think is one mentioned) and I'm considering having different pads put on this next time instead of the OEM parts. Maybe with different pads this will help prevent warping so soon.

For only having 46K miles I've had the tranny replaced (warranty), new brakes, replaced the speaker wiring (warranty), new airbag (defective not from a wreck), and now another rotor problem. Oh, and the bushings in the driver's seat are shot and need to be replaced (warranty again). Certainly not the Honda/Acura product I thought I was getting.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:48 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has a lot to do with how you use your brakes.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:37 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I agree. I drive fairly hard and I never had a problem with my stock rotors. I changed them out just because I got a good deal on a set of cross drilled/slotted rotors. I never had any warping issues, plus, I put on Axxis pads on stock rotors right after my break-in period and had them for over 4 years. The Axxis pads are supposed to put more wear and tear on the rotors.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
acuradude

Make sure the tire lugs are torqued to 80 ft lbs each. That is usually the problem since the rotors do not have studs.