Notices

Honda Recalling All 2000-2004 TL's and 2001-2003 CL's

Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
sha sha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm purchasing 1999 cl 3.0. what kind of recalls or problems for this year?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally Posted by sha sha
i'm purchasing 1999 cl 3.0. what kind of recalls or problems for this year?
I think it affects the 99 CL 3.0.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:50 AM
losiglow

I know this is an old thread, but I'm sure glad I found it. I was about to buy a 2001 CLS. Sure as hell not gonna happen now. Why can't Honda get their auto's right? I know all about the trannys in the 98-00 Accords, now I hear this about the 01-04(ish) CL's an TL's? What the friggin hell?! According to consumer guide the recall and failures are due to heat buildup and "a lack of thread locking compound on the first gear clutch". How do you miss these things in quality testing? No locking compound? Heat buildup? These are easy catches!! If it were like "excessive wear on 3rd gear clutch after 100K miles" then it would be different. But damn, put thread locking compound on any bolts you don't want comming loose and check for heat before you release the damn car! Arg!

Guess I'll have to wait til prices come down on the TSX. Either that or stick with a manual. At least what honda lacks with their autos they make up with in their manuals.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
pyro99

Originally Posted by floridaguy
They need to recall everything. My tranny is shot and I've heard another guy from Michigan at vtec.net have the same problem. I've got an 05 TL and he has an 04 TL and we both have gotten the car stuck in second gear on the highway. That's a dangerous thing for something like that to happen, can be just as dangerous as a tire blowing out. Could Acura be the next Ford Exploder?
i have an 05 tl 5 spd and the trans completly locked up on me. luckly i was in town and not going fast. only had 117k on it. very disappointing!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
nj_nalin

HI...

Please help me with the following case.

I own a Acura 3.2 CL - Automatic Transmission which I bought as a 3rd Owner. I saw that this car was recalled in 2004 for 2nd Gear Transmission Issue.

Problem is: Now I am facing an issue while the car is in 2nd gear. It gives jerks & doesn't move to 3rd gear.... Also engine makes noise while it gives jerks & "Check Engine" light starts blinking on panel.
If somehow it moves to 3rd gear; than it works perfectly fine...

I got it checked at a nearby Honda dealer & they told that the error code refers to Misfire due to "Throttle Position Sensor" (TPS) which has to be replaced. But no ACURA dealer in nearby area had that sensor.. (out of stock) so it can be changed next week only.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is it safe to drive the car in such situation?
2. Will new TPS solve issue or its a Transmission issue (Dealers are making fool & seeking money)

Thanks!!!