Notices

Warning!!! Acura TL/CL owners & potential owners

Old 07-02-2004, 03:22 AM
canacuratl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning!!! Acura TL/CL owners & potential owners

See my post under classifieds. Bad 00Acura TL...I've only owned this heap of junk for 3 weeks, only has 52,000miles, has had all scheduled maintenance done at my local Acura dealership, and is presently there for a new transaxle and a new ENGINE as well. My wife has a 94 Accord and now has about 110,000 miles but at 60,000 the motor developped a crack near the exhaust manifold and was rebuilt under warranty. Other than that it's been very good. Honda/Acura built in north America simply are not as good as when they came from Japan.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:52 PM
AcuraFanatic

You realize that you did buy the car used, so therefore you did take a risk. And your TL does not reflect 99% of the TL's out there.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:36 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

I agree, you only drove it for 3 weeks and got it used. How do you know if the previous owner was the cause of these problems? He/she could've been harsh on the vehicle and/or beat it to death everyday? I've had my TL since 1999 and I've never had a problem with it.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 07-03-2004, 04:18 PM
sids1045
dumber than a box of hair

Originally Posted by canacuratl
See my post under classifieds. Bad 00Acura TL...I've only owned this heap of junk for 3 weeks, only has 52,000miles, has had all scheduled maintenance done at my local Acura dealership, and is presently there for a new transaxle and a new ENGINE as well. My wife has a 94 Accord and now has about 110,000 miles but at 60,000 the motor developped a crack near the exhaust manifold and was rebuilt under warranty. Other than that it's been very good. Honda/Acura built in north America simply are not as good as when they came from Japan.
The only thing this proves is that when you buy a used car, you're buying someone else's problems. Honda and Acura aren't consistently rated near the top in initial quality and customer satisfaction for no reason.