Notices

Vigor Question's Turbo,strut,mufler

Old 02-24-2004, 09:31 PM
revohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vigor Question's Turbo,strut,mufler

i have question the strut bar of accord will fit with vigor 94 ? what year of accord? will fit?

what kinda flow master muffler i can used in my vigor? resonator and muffler thats good idea or no?

anyone made a turbo in vigor's?
thanks am new here.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:45 PM
AcuraFanatic

The only strut bar I've been able to find for the Vigor is made by a company called GAB. It's pretty expensive but it's your only option short of custom. Accord strut bars will probably not fit, as it does not share the same platform. http://www.stranoparts.com/large_item.php (you'll have to browse a little to find it).

You can use any muffler but the piping would have to be custom. The Vigor's engine has a loud resonance as is, so if you want an exhaust, choose a quiet muffler unless you want obnoxious noise. The Apexi WS is a great choice. Flowmaster works too...Magnaflow is also a good choice.

Nobody makes turbo kits for the Vigor, you'd need to piece together your own system. This includes the turbine itself, flanges, manifolds, etc. Given that nobody makes internal parts for your motor, you wouldn't want to run over 4-5psi with stock internals. Even then, if your car is a manual your clutch won't last long, neither will your automatic. It's reallly not a viable option. Vigors just aren't made for performance upgrades, there's no support.

The route I'm going is I've already rebuilt most of the top end of my motor with new OEM parts and am going to work on the bottom end in the Spring. I'm going to do some machine work (port and polish the head and possibly Exude honing) and then plan on running a 50 dry shot of nitrous oxide.

If you have any questions pertaining the Vigor, feel free to IM me at SGriffin970 or email me at SGriffin970@yahoo.com.

And welcome to the board. You're Vigor owner #3 as far as I know LOL.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:34 PM
revohn

thanks a lot
Old 03-15-2004, 11:35 AM
JayFraud

Default Its pretty tough...

Modifying the Vigor has proved to be a taxing, almost pointless venture. There are little to no aftermarket parts available for this car, but mine is still running like a champ at 91,000+ miles. I've made a custom intake using aluminum piping and a K&N cone filter, replaced the exhaust with a Flowmaster 60 Series muffler and new center pipe, and added a Ractive front upper strut bar from a Honda Prelude. While it would be nice to see someone actually drop the money to make some custom parts for this car, I don't see it happening unfortunately.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:10 PM
filmpunk18

the low 9:1 compression ratio is kinda nice for a turbo though. If you have the money do what you want. But like everyone said... its going to be custom... and i mean REALLY custom... specifically made for your car.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:02 PM
AcuraFanatic

I'm really venturing deep into my pockets to do custom work on my Vigor. I have 133K on mine, came back with 190, 185, 185, 180 and 190 psi compression. I change the oil every 2200 miles with Mobil 1 Synthetic.

I might venture into building a turbo system for mine in about a year. I have a pretty good understanding of this motor. I'm also looking into possibly running a 50 dry shot of nitrous.

Currently the car is in pieces and is having extensive bodywork done to it. Hopefully it'll be out by Tuesday.