Notices

How important is using premium fuel in my CL?

Old 01-07-2004, 11:45 AM
CLGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How important is using premium fuel in my CL?

I have owned an '01 CL for six months and have been using premium fuel every time I fill up the tank. Is this necessary? What are the risks involved if I chose to use premium every other time I fill up the tank or even less often?
Old 01-07-2004, 03:04 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

The real question is, how important is $2.50 to you? That's probably what it costs for a full tank between using regular and premium. Premium fuel is recommended on the CL is because it is a high compression engine. If you use a lower grade fuel, under load, the computer will retard the timing to prevent detonation (knock and ping) and will reduce the overall power.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:04 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

yeah not to mention what prolonged damage the cat converter will take. Me and my brother in law both have 2000 si's. they both need prem gas. he never ever has put in prem, i ALWAYS put in prem, he has had two cat converters replaced I have had none. He thinks I'm full of it but I think it's the gas.