Notices

H-Motors

Old 06-01-2003, 05:12 PM
BassmintPimpin
EBP'n It!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-Motors

Has anyone bought a engine from HMotorsOnline.com or knows of anyone who has? I'm about to order my B18B swap from there but wanted to do some background research before I spend my money. Any comments would be great.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:49 PM
crxb16er

one of my friends got his b16 long block from them it was in good shape and i live in tucson az so the crate shipping they use is pretty nice, so i believe they are pretty good, just remember that their engines are not rebuilt, so its kinda luck of the draw which is the same as any engine stocker for honda engines, so when u get it u may need to do basic maintance before it is installed, ie timing belt valve lash, replace oil plug, water pump, thermostat o2 sensor all the basics so keep an extra 200 bucks and replace all that before the engine is dropped in to give urself an even better set up. good luck
Old 06-01-2003, 07:10 PM
BassmintPimpin
EBP'n It!

Yea, I figured that I would replace the water pump, oil bolt, a few gaskets here and there. They guarentee all sensors, I think they may use new ones, but I dont know if that includes the o2. Probably not, I dont want to be running to lean/rich. I hope everything works out with it.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:32 AM
iakona
green quarter...

i got my type-s from there. needed some major work. leaky valve, salty build up on outside of block, wasps nest under intake manifold, broken IAT sensor.

but i took care of that. sort of a blessing in disguise.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Originally posted by iakona
i got my type-s from there. needed some major work. leaky valve, salty build up on outside of block, wasps nest under intake manifold, broken IAT sensor.

but i took care of that. sort of a blessing in disguise.
damn how much did you pay for the motor?