Notices

Avoid JC Whitney

Old 03-15-2003, 12:08 AM
wagon89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid JC Whitney

After a few months I can now say stay away from JC Whitney. Back in September I ordered a clutchmasters stage one clutch for my 89 Honda civic wagon, They said they had it in stock so I placed in oder the next day on there website in the mean time I tore down my wagon sent out the flywheel to be machined & reseal the gearbox and have new wheel bearings pressed in and replace the tierods thinking that I should have the clutch in 5 days or so. On the third day JC Whitney emails me saying the clutch is back ordered I tried to call them and cancel the order after being placed on hold for like 15 plus minutes I hang up and try the next day same thing happens. So I bought the clutch through a local shop and figured when the one came from JC Whitney I would send it back and eat the shipping two weeks later the clutch shows up from JC Whitney I send it back UPS insured its signed for and over 30+ days go by and no credit was apllied to my credit card I called them up and they claim to have recieved a box with the wrong part or something to that effect. I asked them how come nobody called me or filled me in and how come it has been sitting in there warehouse for over 30 days from the time it was signed for its about the end of November when all this is going on. I asked them what had become of the packing materials and the supposed wrong part and they could not answer. They could not even tell me why I had never been contacted. I filed a dispute with my credit card company with my tracking number showing that my part was recieved and signed for. My credit card company sided with me and charged those bastards back. Avoid JC Whitney like the plague this is my second time being screwed by this company. The first time was over 5 years ago when they held my backorder for over a month.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:23 PM
YeaItsAFourDoor
..::-Free your mind-::..

You should never buy from a companyy that has catalogs with rice all over it.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:53 AM
98whiteintegra

Originally Posted by YeaItsAFourDoor
You should never buy from a companyy that has catalogs with rice all over it.
Guys,
Check with better business bureau about any company before you order your item.
www.bbb.com
Old 01-25-2004, 07:10 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

i've heard from a lot of people that they screw up orders, etc.