Notices
Automotive News & Rumors Highlighting the latest in what's happening in and around the automotive industry.

One Millionth Toyota Prius Sold

Old 05-18-2008, 02:10 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Millionth Toyota Prius Sold

Without a doubt, the Toyota Prius can only described as a successful vehicle. The world's first mass-produced hybrid vehicle can now stake its claim in the million cars club as latest figures released by Toyota reveal 1,027,700 units have now been sold.

More...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 AM
lufkintravis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand... these cars are ugly, slow, expensive for what they are, and get so-so gas mileage. There are many cars that can get just as much if not more mileage out of a regular gas (or especially diesel) powered engine... The cost of the car makes the possibility of saving money on gas pretty much impossible too. People just buy them because of the "me too" factor. It really will be interesting to see how many of these flood the market when it's time for those battery packs to be replaced because from what I've read, that will be right about the same time you're supposed to actually see a savings from buying this car over a non-hybrid economy car.