Notices
Automotive News & Rumors Highlighting the latest in what's happening in and around the automotive industry.

Nissan 360: the Cube

Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan 360: the Cube

Filed under: Economy, Japan, Hatchbacks, Nissan

Click above for a high-res gallery of the Nissan Cube.

Let's just get this out of the way right now: this blogger is going to buy one of these cars when they come to America. And I'm a die-hard 385-plus-horsepower sports car owner for years now. And I live in LA. But the Cube is just that great. So Nissan, don't pull a bait-and-switch, please...

The Cube is basic, and makes no attempt to dress it up. In fact, not only is the car not gussied up, but the entire interior of the car I drove was beige. And it was still hot. It's basic done completely right, with tons of cubbies and comfort in an enormous (relatively speaking) cabin and a unified design theme inside and outside that ties it all together.

The 1.5-liter, 107-HP engine has got the giddy-up-and-go, and the car is so much fun to drive that you'll cackle like an old hen every time you throw it around a corner. I admit I won't be buying one in sky blue, and it won't have the third row -- that row is more than a bit optimistic -- but I will have no problem showing everyone I know that "cool" is now spelled "cube."

You can check out the Nissan 360 event site for more details on all the vehicles in Nissan's lineup. In the mean time, be sure to check out the gallery of hi-res photos below.

Gallery: Nissan 360: the Cube

Our travel and lodging for this media event was provided by the manufacturer.
Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
</img>
</img> </img>

More...