Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Imaging and Staging components

Old 10-01-2003, 06:31 PM
yldstyleviet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imaging and Staging components

I just bought some Infinity component speakers to replace my Pioneer 5.25s. Im still debating on where to put the tweeters in my 95 Accord. Im looking into putting them on the black plastic piece by the side mirrors because it's the easiest. How will that project the sound? Basically, the two front tweeters will face each other and not project toward the seats.
Do I really need the crossover? I'm running it with an amp feeding 100W RMS to each speaker. And, my factory tweeters are still in. They are wired in parallel with the door speakers. I want to keep them and run off the components but how?
Old 10-03-2003, 11:18 AM
Mish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the best sound quality, you want to keep the tweeters as close to the midrange as possible. This will keep you ears from hearing the seperation of the tweeter and mid. I mounted my tweeter right in front of the midrange driver to keep them close. Just use some creativity and you'll be able to figure out how to do it.

Yes you need the x-over. Tweeters can't handle frequencies much lower than 2000 Hz. The cross over will keep the lower bass frequencies from getting to your tweets and blowing them. The stock tweeters are a lot different than yours. You will need to run new wires from your cross-overs to the new speakers.

Mish