Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need help please ...

Old 09-30-2003, 09:37 PM
???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please ...

I just recently purchased an '88 Civic SE and needed some help on a few things:
  • What size speakers fit in the doors of a 3dr hatchback?
  • How the heck do the front cornering lights come out after you remove the 2 screws?
  • My reverse lights do not work and the bulbs are brand new ... any idea what this could be (car is a 5-speed)?

Any help is appreciated ... thanks.

Mike
Old 10-01-2003, 11:35 AM
arch iceman

The doors should be able to take up to a 5.25" speaker. Pay attention to the depth clearance you will have from the window and mechanical components.

Not sure about the front corner lights on the 88 civic, might want to check in the civic forum for more details. I would assume they slide out unless youre missing a clip somewhere holding them in.

Revers lights, check your fuses. Also check inside the light plug make sure there is no corrosion and there is good contact. If you have a test light you can check to see if the wires to the reverse lights are recieving power. If not it could possibly be the contact sensor when the car is put into reverse not working properly.

Good Luck.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
???

I managed to get the corner lights out (man, those things really needed to be pulled on!). I think I;m going to remove my door speakers and measure how much depth I have in there. Regarding the reverse lights, I was thinking that it was the reverse switch/sensor as well ... anyone have any experience troubleshooting this? Thanks for the help.

Mike